Hello and welcome to this week’s edition of the TARGETjobs news roundup. This is the place where we give you the low-down on everything that has been happening in the world of graduate recruitment, condensed into a single sitting broadcast.
- First up we broke the news that law students are tired of employer presentations and instead want solid advice about how to get hired. Of course, one of your first steps should be to check our Employer Insights.
- On top of that we are also offering £100 worth of Amazon vouchers as a prize to one person who completes the TARGETjobs Law student survey. We need people to take this survey so we can give you the advice you need.
- For example, we gave you the nod about government reforms to the construction sector. The planning reforms should be a big boost to that sector, and knowing the details could be a big boost to your commercial awareness.
- We’re also offering another £100 worth of Amazon vouchers as a prize to one person who completes the TARGETjobs Finance student survey. This information is vital in helping us provide you with the information you need to get ahead.
- For example, there has been a lot of talk about employers asking for Facebook passwords. We asked you ‘Would you trade your privacy for a graduate job?’ You had some interesting things to say.
- We also brought you the next instalment in our series on the skills and competencies you need to get a graduate job. This week we looked at time management. This is all about being able to deal with a heavy workload without getting flustered.
- Finally, we brought you our regular batch of graduate jobs with deadlines coming up in the next week. If you’re interested in careers in engineering or accountancy then there are some particular treats for you. But even if you aren’t it is worth taking a look. Check out the latest jobs here.