Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

We catch up with Yatin Vadhia on what he’s been up to since being a finalist for the Computer Science Undergraduate of Year Award last year.

Yatin now works at Expedia who are sponsoring the Computer Science & Analytics Award this year!

This time last year, I’d just finished my January exams, and while I was in a productive mindset, I decided to spend a little amount of time applying for the TargetJobs Computer Science Undergraduate of the Year Award. This turned out to be quite a good use of my time, because a few months later, I found out I was one of the finalists for the award!

While I didn’t go on to win the award, it was still a great experience and a few months later I went on to join the company that is sponsoring the 2016 award, Expedia.

Expedia is a fundamentally a technology company, but in the travel sector which is great if you like travelling like I do!

Expedia is a very international place to work much like the industry we operate in with a great open, collaborative culture. Now, lots of companies can say this, but few can prove it. We can! We are officially the best place to work in the UK according to Glassdoor ! Our fantastic offices are located right next to Angel tube station here in London.

Expedia is a great place to start your career in tech and data analysis, we’re working with complex and interesting data, and even as an intern you’re given real world responsibility in revealing consumer insights and rolling out the latest technologies

You can read about some the technical challenges we face at Expedia on our new blog!: https://techblog.expedia.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback here: