This week’s portion is particularly small, as graduate recruiters took the long weekend as a good excuse for a holiday and most of TARGETjobs staff is out at the Undergraduate of the Year awards ceremony announcing this year’s winners. (Very exciting!) Find out who won on here next week or find out as it happens today on our Undergraduate of the Year Facebook and Twitter pages.
Nonetheless, the news is still pretty tasty. This week it is dominated by the construction sector, which has had a bit of good news:
- According to the RICS and Macdonald & Company 2012 Rewards and Attitudes Survey professionals in the construction sector now have an average wage of nearly £50,000. The good news continues as more than a third received pay rises, while less than 10% had a cut.
- If you are looking at a career in construction and the built environment, why not fill in our survey. There is a potential £100 in Amazon vouchers available to on lucky respondent.
- A fortnight ago we told you how a handful of employers have been asking to access Facebook accounts and we asked for your reactions. Well this week, we got the experts in to tell us exactly where the law stands on this issue.
- We also gave you the lowdown on the next skill in series on the top 10 skills and competencies you need. This week we looked at emotional intelligence; a vital prerequisite for many.
- We also discovered which graduate recruiters use which psychometrics tests? This is a great way to find out what to expect at different stages of your application process.
- And finally, we gave you our weekly roundup of next week’s deadlines – useful if you’re the kind of person who ‘works well under pressure’. The particularly busy sector is IT, with lots of deadlines coming up this week, you’d better get typing! Check out the latest graduate jobs here.