- Comet calling in the administrators was all over the news this week – we look into ways in which graduates can use their knowledge of the retailer’s sticky end to show off their commercial awareness to retail employers.
- Use your CV to tell property employers that you are the one and only. A number of large property firms (including BNP Paribas Real Estate, Savills, Jones Lang LaSalle and Knight Frank) request a CV.
- Slaughter and May demands old-fashioned CV and covering letter – here's our shiny new advice on how to write them.
- Prepare for case study interviews and assessment centres with a good read.Graduates keen to start their careers in business, consulting or finance may want to add a book to their reading lists: Steve Coll’s Private Empire.
- New research highlights key to getting a graduate job in tough times. A new study has shown just how hard recent graduates have been hit by the economic downturn – and shows how important it is for students to take action.
- Writing your graduate CV? Three top tips that’ll get you hired .If you get your CV right, it will reveal a whole lot more than your qualifications, work experience and extracurricular activities.
If you follow our Facebook and Twitter feeds you’ll know that we’ve been promoting our management consulting sector. That’s because this is peak season for consulting job deadlines, so get them in while you can.
TARGETjobs offers the largest choice of graduate jobs, internships and placements. Independent reviews on top graduate employers and career planning tools and expert guidance. Become a TARGETjobs blogger by getting in touch with email@example.com.