- First up, cloud computing and big data company EMC will recruit 200 graduates in the UK for first time this year. It has 150 technical jobs and 50 non-technical jobs up for grabs before January 30. Last year they hired over 900 people across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, but never quite made it here.
Want a placement at one of the top companies in the world? If so, apply now for our exclusive event with Microsoft! ow.ly/gF1Wa
— TARGETjobs Events (@TjobsEvents) January 9, 2013
- And if you’re interested in joining other IT grads in the world of retail banking, now is the time! That’s because several have decided to extend the deadlines for their graduate schemes. If you’re looking for a graduate job in finance, technology, HR or marketing this could be for you.
- If you’re not confident about a job interview, pretend you aren’t! That’s the advice coming from experts Sue Black and Alexandra Watson. You can either pretend to be a more confident friend, or imagining the positives of what could come of the situation.
- Speaking of confidence, how about putting up a massive billboard with your face on it? That’s what one graduate job hunter has just done, and if nothing else, it’s got him loads of attention. We wrote an article for Cosmopolitan about it.
- If you didn’t have enough incentive to apply for TARGETjobs’ First Year of the Year award, it has just gotten better. Award sponsor Ernst & Young is sweetening the pot by taking the winner on its Global Student Experience (GSE). This includes five weeks overseas at two different placements.
- IT also is top of the list of sectors that are closing applications for their graduate jobs this week, along with engineering. However, there was also a surprise boost from the government and public service sector, which is closing at least 2 major graduate schemes in the next few days. Check out our latest deadlines here.
TARGETjobs offers the largest choice of graduate jobs, placements and internships. Independent reviews on top graduate employers and career planning tools and expert guidance. Become a TARGETjobs blogger by getting in touch with email@example.com.