- Law vacation schemes traditionally close applications on January 31, although some now close earlier. If you haven’t got yours sorted yet, you’d better get on it fast.
- If you’re planning your pupillage then Georgina Wolfe, barrister and pupillage committee member at 5 Essex Court is giving some insider tips about how to get the right kind of attention at the TARGETjobs National Pupillage Fair.
- Speaking of which, the Fair itself is taking place in March 2013. It is a good opportunity for students looking for pupillages to meet representatives from chambers, course providers and other organisations essential to a successful career at the Bar.
Asian students only event -interested in returning home for a job? Attend our Careers in Asia Recruitment Summit. ow.ly/gx6Hu
— TARGETjobs News(@targetjobsUK) January 4, 2013
Last month to apply for the #undergraduateoftheyear awards! Make it a new year resolution to do something that challenges your.
— UndergradOfTheYear (@UGradOfTheYear) January 2, 2013
- Unfortunately, if you want to go into investment banking, we can’t tell you exactly what any particular company’s assessment centre group exercises will be like – most keep the precise content a closely guarded secret. However, if you know roughly what to expect, you will be on solid ground when the day comes.
- Speaking of assessment centres, they are pretty popular with big recruiters in the retail industry – possibly as the last stage in the process. If you want to make it, it will help you to understand what might happen.
- The first year he applied for graduate surveying schemes, Shyam Visavadia didn’t get onto one. Demoralised but determined, he went and made sure he succeeded the second time round. His advice could help you if you’ve found yourself in a similar situation.
- And if you want to work with estate agency group Spicerhaart Residential Lettings then you’re going to need to get out a video camera. It has three set questions it is asking candidates to respond to in a YouTube video. How would you go about it?
- First up we’re giving ladies the lowdown on how to turn an internship into a graduate job, or get promotion once you’re in. We’ve asked a handful of female leaders their tips for success, and this is what they’ve come up with.
- We’ve also put together a roundup of some of our most popular tips of 2012. We were going to do an all-singing all-dancing video, but we heard that YouTube got there first. So here it is in handy text-based form, with lots of links for you to click on.
- And if you were planning to get a job this year, where better to start than our very own graduate jobs roundup? There are vacancies in management and consumer goods to engineering tyo name just a few. Check out our latest deadlines here.
TARGETjobs offers the largest choice of graduate jobs, placements and internships. Independent reviews on top graduate employers and career planning tools and expert guidance. Become a TARGETjobs blogger by getting in touch with email@example.com.