Pages

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

What I gained from attending IT's not just for the boys! and why you should apply

Aminah tells us about her day at IT's not just for the boys! 


Name: Aminah Sayed
University: Queen Mary, University of London

If you want to be inspired, have exclusive information about what recruiters expect from applications, or want to simply find out what’s right for you, then the TARGETjobs IT's not just for the boys! event is a must to attend.  

From job recruiters to senior representatives, you will have the chance to hone your network skills to gain a valuable insight into how their company operates. This is truly a unique experience, so if you have any questions and want them answered first hand by those that work in the industry, come along!


I have attended job fairs in the past, but my experience at IT’s not just for the boys! is one that definitely stands out. As soon as the event started, I realised that it was no ordinary job fair. Why? Because not every event is packed with a variety of activities, essentially covering every aspect you may want to learn about. There was everything from motivating speeches, to Q&A panels, to networking with recent graduates who were once in the same position as you, and everything was organised perfectly to allow students to have a taste of everything. I gained skills that I would not have otherwise learnt; companies gave out useful information sheets and held intimate group talks detailing exactly what they are looking for in candidates. I was also given tips from recent graduates working for the companies I was interested in applying to, and was able to discuss my current application, effectively allowing me to improve my chances of getting noticed.

Motivated and inspired, I left the event fully recharged. On the train home I was eager to get onto my phone to look through the new opportunities the event had opened up to me, and have since been in contact with a few of the companies. I came away with more information and confidence than I went in with, and I look forward to the future possibilities that may lead on from this event. 

All in all you have nothing to lose so do make sure you apply!



Click to find out more about how you could attend the next event.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments and feedback here: