- First up the Solicitors’ Regulation Authority (SRA) is proposing to lower starting salaries for graduate solicitors. This would mean that firms would be allowed to offer minimum wage instead of the current industry minimum. The good news is that more vacancies would be available.
- In IT news Avaloq Innovation has decided to open a software development centre in Edinburgh. As a result there will be around 75 graduate software engineer roles going in the Scottish Capital. Get in while you can!
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales is going on something of a recruitment drive at the moment, and is looking for student campus representatives in Reading, Bournemouth, Oxford, Surrey or Aston University.
- If you’re looking for property vacancies there is a load of them closing in March. We’re giving you the knowledge on how to get those jobs. After all, someone has to.
- Alternatively, you may be interested in vacancies in construction. This handy guide will tell you what vacancies are closing and when. It will also be a massive help to those who are looking for property internships, which are often hard to find.
- Finally in consulting we are telling you about the pro bono work one company is doing to transform a European city. Roland Berger is putting together a financial package to support a number of businesses who are re-routing a six-lane highway in the centre of Munich.
- Kicking off our new series ‘Top 10 skills’ we are telling you all about teamwork. This is one of the most popular skills and competencies graduate recruiters look for, so follow this guide and find out exactly how to demonstrate yours.
- Finally we are running you through the roundup of all this week’s graduate vacancy deadlines. If you don’t have the time to scour job ads then this is the place for you. Just remember to keep your cool and fill in every application to the best of your ability. Check out the latest jobs here.
TARGETjobs offers the largest choice of graduate jobs, internships and placements. Independent reviews on top graduate employers and career planning tools and expert guidance. Become a TARGETjobs blogger by getting in touch with me at firstname.lastname@example.org